Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Rob Adams

Rob,
I remember that day when I found out that you had been in an accident. I was talking to Marshall and he told me you had been in an accident. I felt like I had been that last person told. I think I went up to the hospital that day with Val. I remember walking into the room and seeing your mom and than laying my eyes on you and seeing you all hooked up to machines and everything. Your mom told me to try and be strong but it was hard to see one of my best friends down. I visited you at least once a week at the hospital. Once you were out of the hospital I feel like I turned into a crappy friend. I was probably visiting you every three months or so. After your accident I reflected a lot on my abilities to be able to go run or play football and realized how much I take it for granted. Even Last month when I came to visit you after our football game in Park City. As I was leaving I spoke with your dad and told him how I felt about being a crappy friend to you. Of course I was a little emotional, you know me. Your accident that day has made me reflect on my life and how I took so for granted. Happy Belated Birth day

3 comments:

Kelie said...

you made me tear up a bit...but you said it perfect! just a reminder to not take the small things we are blessed to have, for granted.

TheKeilShpeel said...

Yes..never take life for granted. We are lucky to live each day and have great health, we are so blessed to have wonderful families and we should never take them for granted either. I read once somewhere that we treat others better than we treat our family and if you think about it..eternally family is all we got. Love life, laugh often, work hard and enjoy each moment you have here.

RobO said...

Gabe, thanks for the little tribute and birthday wish. I don't think your a crappy friend at all. I totally understand that life goes on and you're a busy man with your family, work and everything else that goes with having 10 or 17 kids (I lose track of how many kids you have because you and Val mate like a couple of rabbits). So don't feel bad about anything.

Love ya bro, Rob